New York, NY – April 2, 2015– Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the nation’s largest retail bookseller and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, will celebrate Spring Educator Appreciation Days, April 11-19. Barnes & Noble stores nationwide and Barnes & Noble.com (www.bn.com) will offer pre-K-12 public, private and homeschool educators and administrators special discounts*, events, sweepstakes and giveaways during this time. Barnes & Noble’s Educator Appreciation Days occur several times during the year, recognizing educators and providing them with an opportunity to explore the company’s vast selection of products, learn about programs and events, as well as save with deeper discounts.
This April’s Educator Appreciation Days special discount offerings are:
- 25% discount on personal and classroom book purchases, including Children’s and Teen titles and educational toys and games;
- 25% discount on music, movies, tech gear and more;
- 10% off the current price of the Samsung Galaxy Tab® 4 NOOK® and NOOK GlowLight™ (limit of five devices per customer with the presentation of a valid Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card); and
- 10% discount on all Café consumables purchases.
As part of Educator Appreciation Days, all Barnes & Noble stores nationwide will host events exploring Harper Lee’s classic novel To Kill a Mockingbird. With the much anticipated release of the sequel Go Set a Watchman on July 14, stores will host an array of events during Appreciation Days – from book discussions with local educators to local authors discussing how the book inspired or influenced their writings.
“Barnes & Noble is excited about the upcoming release of Go Set a Watchman, and To Kill a Mockingbird has been a staple among school reading lists for years,” said Sarah DiFrancesco, Vice President, Business Development, Barnes & Noble, Inc. “Spring Educator Appreciation Days provides us with an opportunity to recognize the dedication of our local teachers and administrators, while generating conversation about Harper Lee’s exceptional work and creating excitement about the sequel. The topics explored in To Kill a Mockingbird still headline our news daily and are relevant in the classroom.”
Customers may purchase To Kill a Mockingbird and pre-order Go Set a Watchman discounted at 40% off for Members at Barnes & Noble store nationwide and at BN.com, and 30% off for Non-Members in stores and at BN.com. Both titles are also available on NOOK® devices and the Free NOOK Reading App™.
As part of Spring Educator Appreciation Days, we are celebrating the release of Disneynature’s Monkey Kingdom, swinging into theaters April 17:
- NOOK has collaborated with Disneynature to provide an exciting sweepstakes and a free Monkey Kingdom Digital Educator Guide and Family Activity Guide available on NOOK tablets or the Free NOOK Reading App.
- One classroom will receive a Disneynature’s Monkey Kingdom experience, which includes 30 Monkey Kingdom Plush Toys and Reusable Bags, as well as a $250 Barnes & Noble Gift Card and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK 7-inch tablet.
- To enter for a chance to win (from April 11-19), educators should visit the NOOK Boutique® at their local Barnes & Noble store and sign up through the app on the Samsung NOOK devices displayed or ask a bookseller for help.
- All sweepstakes entrants will receive instructions via email on how to download their free Disneynature’s Monkey Kingdom Digital Educator Guide, which includes lessons and activities targeted at grades 2-6.
- Monkey Kingdom is the sixth theatrical release for Disneynature. Set in the storied jungles of Sri Lanka, Monkey Kingdom showcases the adventures of new mom Maya, a clever and resourceful blonde-bobbed monkey who’s determined to give her son a leg up in the world. For every ticket sold during opening week (April 17-23), Disneynature will make a donation to Conservation International to help protect monkeys and other endangered species in their natural habitats.
Educators can also enter the Barnes & Noble Regional Sweepstakes:
- Prizes include a chance to win a $500 Barnes & Noble Gift Card.
- One educator per region of the country (five total) will win, for a total of five (5) winners. Educators can ask a bookseller for details on how to enter and review the sweepstakes official rules at their local store.
Educators also have the opportunity to enter for a chance to win or receive other local prizes and giveaways, such as gift cards, books, posters, educator guides, sticker sheets, activity kits, tote bags and more, which will be on display in all Barnes & Noble stores. See store for more details.
Additional events for educators in stores across the country may focus on a variety of topics, including incorporating technology in the classroom using the Samsung NOOK device, ideas for how to use educational toys and games for interactive learning, grant writing workshops and information about new children’s titles and award-winning books. Many stores will also host bookfairs and events with local authors and featured speakers on trending topics in education. Events, workshops and educator receptions will vary by store; educators are encouraged to contact their local Barnes & Noble store for details.
The special discounts offered during Educator Appreciation Days are available to pre-K-12 teachers and administrators enrolled in the free Barnes & Noble Educator Program. To take advantage of these offers, educators can apply for their Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card in their local stores. The application form is available in stores or can be downloaded at BN.com.
Educators can follow Barnes & Noble on Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr, and like Barnes & Noble on Facebook, for the latest information about upcoming events and promotions. Educators can follow NOOK on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter to learn more about special offers and promotions.
* Exclusions can be found in the Educator Program Terms and Conditions available at www.bn.com/bn-at-school. Educators must present a valid Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card to receive the discounts. See any bookseller for details.
|About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is a Fortune 500 company and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 649 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). Its NOOK digital business offers award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store® (www.nook.com), while Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC operates 717 bookstores serving over five million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on https://twitter.com/BNBuzz, http://instagram.com/barnesandnoble and http://thebarnesandnoble.tumblr.com, and like us on https://www.facebook.com/barnesandnoble.