New York, NY – January 5, 2015 –To recognize the company’s commitment to pre-K-12 educators and administrators, Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the nation’s largest retail bookseller and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, will celebrate Educator Appreciation Days, January 10-18.
Public, private and homeschool educators who shop at their local Barnes & Noble store or online at BN.com will receive special discounts* on merchandise:
- 25% discount on personal and classroom book purchases, including Children’s and Teen titles and educational toys and games;
- 25% discount on music, movies, tech gear and more;
- 10% off the current price of the Samsung Galaxy Tab® 4 NOOK® ** and NOOK GlowLight**;
- 10% discount on all Café consumable purchases;
- A regional sweepstakes drawing for a $500 Barnes & Noble Gift Card and a NOOK by Samsung. One educator per region (five total) is eligible; educators can ask a bookseller for details on how to enter at their local store; and
- Other local prizes and giveaways, such as gift cards, books, posters, educator guides, sticker sheets, activity kits, tote bags and more.
These special offers are available to pre-K-12 teachers and administrators enrolled in the free Barnes & Noble Educator Discount program. To take advantage of these offers, educators can apply for their Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card in their local stores. The application form is available in stores or can be downloaded at BN.com.
As part of Educator Appreciation Days, all Barnes & Noble stores will host free workshops*** and/or educator receptions. Educator Appreciation Days events may focus on a variety of topics, including but not limited to Barnes & Noble bookfairs, using the NOOK by Samsung in classrooms, grant writing books and tools, information about new Children’s and Teen titles and award-winning books. Workshops and educator receptions will vary by store; educators are encouraged to contact their local Barnes & Noble store for details.
Educators visiting the stores during Educator Appreciation Days can also receive information about Barnes & Noble’s 2015 My Favorite Teacher Contest, which provides middle and high school students the opportunity to tell their communities how much they appreciate their teachers by writing an essay, poem or letter about them. Local winning teachers are recognized at an in-store event in the spring and are eligible to win prizes at the regional level. One regional winner will be named the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year and receive a cash prize of $5,000, with their school also receiving $5,000. The My Favorite Teacher Contest runs until March 1, 2015.
Educators can follow Barnes & Noble on Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr, and like Barnes & Noble on Facebook, for the latest information about upcoming events and promotions, and follow NOOK on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter to learn more about special offers and promotions.
Educators are encouraged to visit the Store Locator to find a Barnes & Noble location near them.
* Exclusions can be found in the Educator Program Terms and Conditions available at www.bn.com/bn-at-school. Educators must present a valid Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card to receive the discounts. See any bookseller for details. Electronics products only available in select stores.
** Limit of five devices per customer with the presentation of a valid Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card.
*** Workshop and event topics will vary by store.
|About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is a Fortune 500 company, the nation’s largest retail bookseller and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 658 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). Its NOOK Media LLC subsidiary is a leader in the emerging digital reading and digital education markets. The NOOK digital business offers award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store® (www.nook.com), while Barnes & Noble College Booksellers LLC operates 714 bookstores serving over five million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States. General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on https://twitter.com/BNBuzz, http://instagram.com/barnesandnoble and http://thebarnesandnoble.tumblr.com, and like us on https://www.facebook.com/barnesandnoble.