New York, NY — November 17, 2015 — The toy and game experts at Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the nation’s largest retail bookseller and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced its list (www.bn.com/topholidaytoyslist) of the top educational toys and games for the 2015 holiday season, making Barnes & Noble the premiere destination for creative gift-giving for the children and teens on everyone’s holiday list.
Barnes & Noble has curated the hottest, must-have, high-quality educational toys and games of the season and arranged its list by age and interest, making it an unmatched resource for gifts to help children learn and grow.
“Play is not only fun, it's essential to a child's development and a critical component in grasping key educational concepts as kids get older,” said Kathleen Campisano, Vice President, Toys & Games. “
For the 2015 holiday season, Barnes & Noble recommends the following Top Toys of the Season:
- For the early learner: Stretchy Giraffe A to Z Abacus from Hape
- For Inquisitive Babies: Tree Top Adventure from Manhattan Toy
- For Strengthening Motor Skills: Explore & More Rolling Owl Push Toy from Skip Hop
- For the Beginning Builder: DUPLO Baby Zoo from LEGO®
- For Pull-along Puzzlers: Animal Train Puzzle from Orange Tree Toys
- For Grand Dinosaur Adventures: Imaginext Big Dino from Fisher-Price
- For the Little Videographer: Kidizoom Action Cam from VTech
- For Big Imaginations: Smart Toy Bear from Fisher-Price
- For Pup-Inspired Rescue Missions: Paw Patrol Mission Chase from SpinMaster
- For Blossoming Musicians: B. Ribbit-tat-tat Frog Drum from Battat
- For the Virtual Reality Generation: View Master VR from Mattel
- For Creative Joy: Play-Doh DohVinci Spotlight Spin Studio from Hasbro
- For Curious Minds: Makey Makey - An Invention Kit for Everyone from JoyLabz
- For Interactive Pretend Play: Zoomer Zuppies Barnes & Noble Exclusive from SpinMaster
- For Aspiring Inventors: Roominate Townhouse from Maykay
- For Celestial Explorers: TK1 Telescope & Astronomy Kit from Thames & Kosmos
- For Tech Lovers: MiP Gold from Wow Wee
- For Harry Potter Enthusiasts: Harry Potter Chess from The Noble Collections
- For Aspiring Engineers: Meccanoid G15 from Meccano
- For Master Builders: Star Wars First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter from LEGO
Ages 13 and up
- For Star Wars Fanatics: BB-8 App-Enabled Droid from Sphero
- For Strategy Gamers: Betrayal at House on the Hill from Wizards of the Coast
- For Celebrating the World of Architecture: LEGO Architecture Louvre from LEGO
- For Discrimination Collectors: S.H. Figuarts Super Saiyan Gohan ''Dragon Ball Z'' from Bandai Tamashii Nations
- For Purveyors of Pop Culture: Funko Vinyl POPs from Funko
Additionally, at Barnes & Noble stores nationwide and online at BN.com (www.bn.com/toys), customers can find great values on toys and games from the hottest brands and film and television properties, including Espari Dolls, LEGO, Zoomer, Magformers, Mindstream, Make, Star Wars, Disney’s Frozen, Hot Wheels, Marvel, Ninjago, Harry Potter and Thomas the Tank Engine. These toys and more hand-picked gift ideas can also be found in the Barnes & Noble 2015 Holiday Gift Guide at bn.com/holiday.
Customers should consult a bookseller for help finding the perfect educational toy or game to meet their gift-giving list needs. Online customers receive free shipping on orders of $25 or more at BN.com.
|About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is a Fortune 500 company, the nation’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 647 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store features more than 4 million digital books in the US (www.nook.com) and UK (www.nook.co.uk), plus periodicals, comics, apps, movies and TV shows, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr, and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr, and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.